Saturday, November 19, 2011

If a telephone poll fell on my car and damaged it who fixes it?

I was driving and a telephone poll landed on my car. I infortunately didnt renew my insurance. I live in Houston and i believe the poll was weakened by the recent hurricane. But am i out of luck?|||If the pole fell because you hit it with your car, then yes, you are out of luck. If someone else hit the pole, causing it to fall on your car, then their insurance should pay. If the pole just happened to fall on its own as you drove by (not likely), then the utility company should pay. It would really help if you have witnesses for this one.|||You need to ask the town or look on the pole itself and see which company owns it. In my area some are owned by the phone company and others by the electric company. Sue the owner. |||The owner of the poll should be responsible for the damages.|||This would be called an act of God and the city would not be responsible for your cars damages.....|||I thought I was the only one!!!! I live in Houston and my car was parked in the street with NO insurance. A telephone poll fell on the back of my car. The city police came out and gave me a ticket for expired insurance. Can you believe that!!!





In my case the pole was maintained by Oncore. They are paying for the damage. I was also able to get my insurance back-dated and my ticket was dismissed, THANK GOD!





See who maintains your pole (probably Oncore). You are going to need to get your insurance back-dated for On core to pay. They refused to pay w/o proof of liability insurance.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment