Saturday, November 19, 2011

What happens if I hit a telephone Pole (by accident) to aviod hitting a speeding car in an alley way?

I didn't hitt the other driver, but he gave me his licence and I got his info. What should I do? Can I sue him, do I have a possible case. More bad news, i was unaware that my insurance was cancelled the previous month. Other Notes, I was carted away in an ambulance and the police called a toe truck to tow the car. I took photo's of the area and where my car hit also. BTW- I own a 97 Nissan|||You're pretty much up the creek w/o a paddle in my opinion.|||The police make their report, and you better hope that you have insurance because replacing that pole will cost you at least $10000. I worked for an electric company long ago and that back then was the replacement cost of the pole alone- not including labor for swapping over phone lines to the new pole, and any and all other costs involved, including the mandatory fines, etc. You should have hit that car instead lol.|||I have yet to figure out how a person can be unaware insurance has been cancelled! Insurance companies cancelling for cause do so by registered letter. The only way you don't receive a registered letter is to ignore the notice, or refuse to sign for it. The only way it doesn't go to your address is if you have given a wrong address to the insurance company. If a person has payments coming directly out of the bank account, a perusal of the statement would show that the payments are no longer being withdrawn, or have bounced.


You didn't hit the other vehicle, so you have had a single vehicle at fault accident, with no insurance to pay for it. Sorry.|||no one is at fault, but YOU. you didn't have control of your car. if he was speeding in the alley, you saw there was not enough room, you should have stopped and let him hit you, then he would be at fault. i'm afraid you've got a problem that only you will pay for.|||wow u should not have moved.........idiot|||tell your insurance company even though its canceled, your clearly not responsible, he is so his insurance company will have to pay for it...|||If the other car was not hit in the crash you are probably libel for the damage done.It doesn't seem fair but that's what I have been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment