Friday, December 9, 2011

Has anyone been involved in a car accident and briefly what happened?

When I was 16, I was working 70-80 hrs. a week. I fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a telephone pole. I had my seatbelt on. Thank God or I'd be dead! I had a hairline fracture in my breast bone from the seatbelt. I had a burn mark on my neck from the seatbelt but it saved my life. The ambulance driver couldn't beleive I was alive.|||I crashed on a car rally once. I threw the car into a left-hand bend on a dry, high-grip surface, but then saw a patch of frozen water.





I knew |I was going to go off the road, and immediately straightened the car up for the impact, but going head-first at 70mph into a tree is never a good idea!





The engine ended up underneath the car and I was hurt. Somehow, I managed to bend the steering wheel with my arm and chest, but didn't break any bones.





I now know, first hand, the value of a safety seat, full harness belts, a crash helmet and a safety-cage inside the car.





It kept me off work for a couple of weeks, but I survived the ordeal rather better than the car. (The tree is still alive!)





Not something I would like to make a habit of, I think....it doesn't half shake you up.|||Real brief,





Stopped at a stop light and a construction truck did not stop. His truck was so high it smashed the back end of car (rolled up onto back end of car!). Kids and I OK, but scared the bejesus out of me!!|||ok wait a minute... thats so illegal to work 70-80hrs a week when yer 16. what the hell were you doing???|||Yes. Going down the highway to another town fix either my glasses or something...then BAM! A person (who has the stop sign) hits my passenger side. My vehicle was a complete and total wreck.|||I've my license since 1981 and never had an accident.


But then again, i don't drink alcohol, don't use other drugs either (including tabacco), and never drive if i'm sleepy.


If a big truck is behind me, i'll keep extra space in front of me; so even if he wouldn't stop fast enough, i could use my reserved space.|||Bejesus is a pleasant way of saying sh*t. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment