Friday, December 9, 2011

Is it illegal for somebody to tap into your phone line for free telephone service?

My father-in-law was killed in a car accident in May. He left the business to my husband. The house is also on the same property. His former spouse lives there with some other guy. My father-in-law was getting divorced the day after his accident. So she moved back in. We found out that the guy who is living with her has run a phone wire from my husband's shop down to their house. Recently she kicked the business off of the property. She doesn't like my husband because his dad left him everything and she got nothing. Anyway, the phone at the shop is in my husband's business' name. They are using it for free. My husband is going to check into filing a police report tomorrow. Will this give the ex-wife prison time or a fine?? She has really caused this family a lot of grief. I want to see her get what she deserves.|||This is absolutely illegal, but, will the police get involved? Probably not. They will probably tell you to call the phone company and ask them to check for theft of service. Then the phone company can file charges against them if they want to.|||YES YES YES

No comments:

Post a Comment