Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How can I stop stupid automated telephone calls?

Three years ago I was T-boned by an illegal unlicensed Mexican in his old beat-up pickup. As a result, I was put in the hospital for 3 days and my car was totaled. MY insurance replaced my car and MY medical insurance paid most of my hospital bill. Now, three years later, I am getting automated calls to inform me that the warranty on my car is about to expire and would I like to renew it. This is on my wrecked car! I have spoke with the agency but the calls keep coming. What next?|||every time one of the automated voices start press 8 i think it is, anyways one of the buttons tells them to remove your name from their automated list. and it dose work, after they call several times and u press the button several times but it dose work|||I do not know if USA has a sort of telephone preference service which can be contacted to stop these calls, but it may be useful if it is not recorded to say hold on please and then walk away for a while, and see how long it takes for them to get tired. the trouble is that these calls or often number withheld and if you have those numbers blocked you may not get calls from friends which you want.





My wife tells me that I am very rude to these people who are only trying to earn a living and I agree that I am sometimes but only after I have tried to get them to ring off three or four times and then they get the, "AND WHAT PART OF THE WORD NO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND"|||Call up your telephone service provider and request that you be put on the list to not receive spam calls. Alternatively, get caller ID and don't answer calls from unknown numbers.|||Are you on the "Do Not Call Registry?" Once you're on the list, you shouldn't be disturbed. One other suggestion, is to have Caller ID installed on your phone line. You'll be able to see the phone number when the calls come in, which will allow you to ignore it. They sure are persistent aren't they?|||There is a list you can put your name on for unwanted calls, but it does not work. I keep getting letters like that in the mail because I lay my phone off the hook most of the time. My relatives know how to contact me.|||Besides listing your number on the national registry to stop telemarketing calls, you can the Direct Marketing Assn. website link here:





http://www.the-dma.org/index.php


http://www.donotcall.gov|||I get the same calls and letters in the mail as well. I'm driving a 2 year old car that has years to go on the warranty. I might try that pushing 8 thing the next call I get.|||This call is not meant for you. It is just a computer who calls everyone. Tell your congressman this is happening. Last time, they put a stop to this.|||In Canada we have a number to call to have unwanted calls dealt with. Telemarketers have to have a visible phone number too.|||My phone identifies the number of all callers. If it is a number I don't recognize, or the caller has blocked the ID thing, I don't answer. Life is good.|||That's a scam. A friend of my daughter kept getting those and he didn't even own a car. Just hang up. If you hang up enough, after a while they should stop.|||Try pressing the # key on your phone as fast as you can when they call. I think that's the key you press.|||Tell them explicitly to remove your phone number from their calling list. By law they have to comply.|||I have the do not call registry but the Toll Free calls still get through, sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. Thank heaven for Caller ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment