Tuesday, December 6, 2011

If you make a payment through the Internet on a car, can it still be towed?

I was 3 payments past due on my car. I told them I'd have the money this week on Wednesday. The check wouldn't clear until Thursday. The bank person seemed to agree to the terms over the telephone, and, I thought I was safe so I parked the car on the street near where I live.


I got towed.


Do I have any rights of redress since I was told ( and my lawyer called them as well to inform them) that they agreed to the payment schedule and wouldn't tow me.|||It doesn't do any good now, but you should have called and told them that you had made a payment over the internet.





Being 3 payments behind, I don't think there is anything you can do. Just because a call center rep says "ok" when you tell them when you are going to pay, that doesn't mean they won't repo the car.





The first thing I'd do though is call and ask if they repo'ed it, so you can be sure it wasn't stolen. Also tell them that you had made an internet payment and that they had agreed to the payment schedule.





Sorry about your car. :( I had a car repo'ed when I was about 19 - it's a bad experience. Call them though and see what you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment