Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Norwich Union have lost my car's service history. Can I claim compensation and who should I contact?

Norwich Union settled a motor insurance claim for me, but in the process lost my car's complete service history. After many telephone calls over a period of months, and being constantly told the matter was being looked into, they finally admitted the loss, and also that the situation was unacceptable, being only able to supply me with photo-copies of the originals. Their claims department suggested I should take the matter further, and said a member of their customer relations team would contact me. To date, nearly 2 months later, I have heard nothing from them. The service history was extensive, and related to an old vehicle with an exceptionally low mileage, so I consider it extremely important to the value of the vehicle. Am I right to ask for compensation for the loss, and also written acknowledgement of their incompetence!|||Insurance companies in the U.K. are regulated by the Financial Ombudsman Bureau.





Write a formal complaint about N.U. to the Bureau - they will act on your behalf.|||make an official complaint.


And ask for compensation.|||You certainly are, if you made a mistake they wouldnt think twice about stinging you. Speak to trading standards about this and tell NU you have done so, they will change their attitude then! Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment