Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Seniors: Do you call the telephone number on your sales receipt to get a few bucks off your next purchase?

The salesperson tells you if you call and participate in a survey you get $$ off your next purchase. I read somewhere that this is a way marketers get your information and put you on their junk list. Also, filling out forms to win a new car, etc. I don't fill them out just for that reason.|||if I have to make a phone call then no not usually however I will fill out email replied and web info just because if I get a coupon for something I am going to purchase any ways why not.





I created a different email just for these things so that I don't have to sort through junk in my main email and that works great.|||If I shop at a store and they ask me for my opinion in exchange for a coupon for 10-20% savings on another visit, I respond to that, but I refuse to participate in online and phone surveys. I have caller iD and do not answer my phone unless I know whose number it is. If the calls become compulsive, I research who it is who is calling and file a complaint with donotcall.gov, and ftc.org, and the calls will eventually cease.|||Well you could always put a bogus phone number and a real address. That way you can get extra paper for the recycle bin, but no time-wasting phone calls. And Maybe you could win a BRAND NEW CAR or a fridge magnet.|||If I make a purchase at a store I will participate in a survey to get a few extra bucks. We're seniors and we have to take it wherever we can get it. But I don't take part in the online surveys. They are a lie and spam.|||Sure.





You can't escape them monitoring your purchases. But you can opt out of phone calls if you want.





https://www.donotcall.gov/





We save a lot of money with coupons, call backs and specials. It's free money!|||I call a number on my sonic reciept and get a free rt. 44...saves me a bundle i buy a lot of tea there. ive been addicted to their ice since i was 15.|||Especially not those 'free car' offers. We've gotten enough keys in the junk mail to fill a keyring. "Come see if your key fits!" That's just to get you in the store.|||No, I never call the number, just for the reason you mentioned.|||Some of the pet store chains do this.I will if it means saving 3.00 on my next purchase.|||Sometimes, it depends I usually use the computer and have a throw away e-mail address|||I do the ones for the $500 and $1000 sweepstakes almost every time. So far I have won squat.|||No way. I don't enter contests for that same reason.|||My wife does it but we still haven't won or received any yet..|||Have never been told that.|||I keep telling myself I will, but then I forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment