Friday, December 2, 2011

I am a claimant passenger in a car wreck in Texas.I have Ambulance and ER room costs to recover,how do I do it?

I have both Insurance companies asking me for a telephone interview.I would prefer to do things by email or mail.I have the other(at fault) insurance company asking me to provide them with a release of my medical information.I am not comfortable with this.Is it legal to refuse a telephone/recorded interview? Surely,I just need to go through the Insurance Company whose car I was a Passenger in?|||You need to file your medical claims with the at fault insurance company.





I don't think it's the responsibility of the insurance company for the driver of the car you were in to represent you to get money owed to you.





Not that I'm siding with the insurance companies, but handling claims and stuff via email/mail is going to take a whole lot longer to get things done.|||Most insurance companies will allow you to do a written statement as long as it is signed, and you may want to get it notarized. They need to get your medical info so they can offer you a settlement. The insurance company of the car you were in will probably ask for the same info. After they offer you a settlement they will ask you to sign a release of liability so you can't seek any further damages even if you find out you injuries are worse than you thought they were at first. Depending on your injuries and the circumstances of the accident you may want to contact an injury lawyer. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment